Krav Maga techniques
Definition of Krav Maga - Krav Maga techniques
Krav Maga techniques differentiate from other martial arts methods in a few aspects: first and far most by their practicality to implement under real – time conditions.
The logic and general approach of Krav Maga derives from the teaching methodology and training system, allowing the trainee to make use of their natural instincts.
KM levels are divided into 4 sections: Practitioner Levels (1-5) ; Graduate Levels (1-5) ; Expert Levels (1-5) ; and Master Levels (1-3)
|All krav maga techniques are preformed according to main Krav Maga principles.
• Avoidance, prevention, escape and evasion.
• Handling throws and falls to all directions and angles.
• Attacks and counterattacks, performed to all targets, distances and directions and in all rhythms.
Executed from all positions and postures. Use of all sorts of common objects for defensive purposes.
• Defending all unarmed attacks: punches, strikes and kicks. Releases from all sorts of grabs and holds.
• Defending all armed attacks and threats: knives, sharp objects, sticks and other blunt objects; of all kind of firearms.
• Dealing with attacks coming from all possible directions and places; Whether performed by a single or multiple attackers;
at all possible locations: confined or open areas; On all types of grounds; When free or in limited space of movement;
While standing, on the move, sitting down, laying down on the back, side or facing down etc.
• Physical and mental control and disarm.
• Krav Maga techniques Prepare the trainees to function in all circumstances and fighting environments,
according to their needs, job descriptions and probable risks.
Keeping those in mind, there are several ways to divide the Krav Maga system into groups.
Separates the krav maga self defense system into five main designated sectors:
Defines Krav Maga techniques according to timeline of an attack into families of defenses, Attacks, Counterattacks, Releases and Late releases.
From all solution we had to develop during our glob training we gather them up in to a few groups among which you will find:
Release from hair grabs
Release from bear hugs
Release from Arm lock
Release from Chokes
Release from Shirt grabs
Defense against Hand attacks
Defense against Leg attacks
Defense against knife threat
Defense against stick threat
Defense against kick threat
Defense vs. punch
And it goes on…
|Amazing article .|